So, I am going to give this blogging thing another try. I read my girls' blogs and a few others all the time and think that I should really take some time to join the craze. The true gift for writing was not really bestowed on me, but here it goes.
Since I last blogged many new things have happened. Malori and Jon have been married very close to 4 years and Jon is now an attorney with his degree (with honors), and his certificate that says he can practice law in the state of Arizona. Mal is now going to school.
Laney went to Florida and worked at Disney World and is now home. She loved it there, who wouldn't right? But I think she is happy to be home and ready to begin the next chapter in her life which may include her first love which is cooking and baking.
Tanner is now in the 10th grade and is getting very good grades in all his honors courses. Such a great young man and a wonderful help to his momma!
Sunday there was a missionary farewell. These used to be very fun and inspirational to for me. Now, I can barely contain my emotions as I sit and listen to these young men talk about being away for two years. My mind immediately turns to his mother and what she must be feeling at this moment. Of course there must be that huge sense of pride of this worthy boy who is willing to sacrifice two years of his life to serve. Then there must be this feeling in her chest like someone has just crushed her heart as she thinks about her baby boy being away for two very long years.
The very thought of Tanner being away and untouchable for two years sends waves of panic through me. Even as I sit here typing this my eyes have tears.
So, Tony leans over to me during the farewell and reminds me that in just a couple of years, that will be our boy standing up there giving his farewell talk...Yep, my wonderful husband, who knows this is a taboo topic, says that to me in a public setting. I just love him. ;)
I am a very lucky mother and wife.
If anyone actually reads this blog, I ask that you please keep those in Japan in your thoughts and prayers.
Until next time...
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What are you talking about? You are a great writer! I'm glad you decided to give blogging another try! I can't believe that Tanner will soon be on a mission but I know he will do a great job! Love you!
Post a Comment