Friday, January 30, 2009

I am waiting on the Sunshine...

So not to be Johnny Raincloud, but this has been an extremely sad week for me. Actually, the start of this New Year has been a little stressful.
Issue #1
The year started with Tony's sister upset at us for a decision we had to make for our family. Won't say anymore about that right now.
Issue #2
The state is cutting budgets everywhere, but education is really being hit hard. I worry for our students, our teachers, our jobs, but most importantly for our future. These kids are going to be my leaders someday. If we cut out so many things, how do we expect to have good people who want to teach, or can afford to teach our children. What if our children do not get quality educations, what are we going to do? These children will be making decisions for us someday.
Issue #3
You have seen from the earlier post that Bev passed away...I don't think I need to say more about that one.
Issue #4
Last night, Tony and I went to visit a friend, who used to work with us and has been fighting cancer. She has been in Tuscon for months in the hospital. She is not married, her children are grown and live away from her with families of their own. So now she is here, alone, fighting to get strength back. She was one of the most vivacious people, with so many things she wanted to accomplish. A truly good and faithful person. She now is so small, no hair, no eyelashes, no strength, and her faith is a little wobbly right now. Not only is she fighting this illness, but is also forced to fight with insurance people to get bills paid.
I could go on with other "issues"...
All of this, and other things, have really weighed me down this week. Ya know that feeling of being in a heavy, dark down pour?
So...I made the decision today that I need to look for the sunshine. Sunshine always makes me happier! This will be my new motto...anytime I am feeling sad or upset or stressed, I need to look for the Sunshine in each situation. I will see what I can do to make things better, knowing that I cannot change some things. I do not want to be in a down pour. Maybe this sounds a bit corny or cheesy...but it will work for me. It will bring me back to the happy me, I will be happy about the things I have.
I will be happy about the BLESSINGS I have.

1 comment:

Malori and Jon Saline said...

I am so sorry you are going through so much with close friends and the budget in education (trust me, we are feeling that one too!)
Just remember that your kids love you - that should be some good sunshine right??