Can you believe that it is really 2009? I gave myself a goal at the beginning of summer "08 that I WOULD lose weight before 2009 and I did. We were watching some show, and they did a story about Demi Moore, the actress, and how when she was going to turn 40 she decided she wanted to be a "Hot 40 year old woman". Well, I totally missed that boat, but wanted to at least try to be a somewhat smaller 40-ish year old woman. Woo Hoo!!!! I have lost about 36 LBS and believe me I had it to lose. I still have some to go until I am at my goal weight (which did not happen by "09) but I am still very happy with my progress at becoming the somewhat smaller 40-ish year old woman.
Ok, weight loss commercial over...
Let's talk about the best holiday ever...Christmas is such a great time of year, even if it does snow. I love Christmas. Being with family and friends. Seeing the "spirit" that people seem to naturally have during Christmas. I love the stories of people helping others have a happy season. I love the traditions. One of my favorites...every year on Christmas eve we all get new PJ's from my parents. We change into our new comfy duds and have a program. The smaller kids are the Nativity complete with costumes while Gramps reads the story from the Bible. Malori usually plays Silent Night softly in the background. It is super! Then we sing carols and open our gifts from our drawn names. We started a great tradition with my mom. All of us girls, even the little ones, get together to bake goodies (which I also love). We leave some for the times we are together and take plates to others.
Here are a few pics of our fun day... and yes, to my two readers, they are the same ones that Mal has...but she never sent me more.
2 comments:
Thanks for your sweet comment on our blog! :) Malori is great and we love her so much. Congrats on your weight loss! I would never have thought that you would need to lose anything AND I would have never guessed that you are a "40-ish" mom. If I didn't know how old Malori was I would definitely say 30's!! And I'm not just saying that! You guys are great!!
Sorry I was a slacker picture sender! Congrats on bein' one hott mamma!!!
Love you tons!!
Post a Comment