Ok, so it's not like many people (if anyone) read my little blog, but I am back. I have not posted for a very long time (according to Laney) but in my defense there has been much goings on. Let us go back a ways to one of my earlier posts...Laney got the job!!!!! She is so happy! How could they not want her? She is cute, tiny, talented, smart, I could go on and on! Plus, this is a validation to her of what I already knew and a reward for all of her hard work.
On to a not fun subject, work. The state has cut funding for schools, and even more from Distance Learning programs. This makes it very hard for educators to do their jobs and give our children the best education. It also puts more pressure on us and way more responsibility. So this is where much of my time gets eaten up and I am tired because I can't sleep at night because I am worrying about our children and our future and my job.
The weather has been making me a bit crazy...I am ready for warmth, I need the sun, and I need to thaw. The wind has been amazing (for lack of a better word) and I don't mean that in a good way. We have been trying to finish a landscaping project, our first in the new house, and the weather has really made it hard to focus and finish. I am afraid if we don't finish soon, our HOA may have words with us.
Another plug for my wonderful kids...
Jon is finishing up his second year of Law school!! Is is really doing a great job of juggling school, his externship, and being a good husband to Mal and a great example for Tanner. Mal is still working hard at her job. They are really impressed with her and have recently given her more responsibilities. This says a lot about her if they are willing to trust her with more. Laney is finishing up her second year at NPC taking business courses. She will probably leave in June, after her dance recital, for her College internship and new job in Florida at Disney World. Tanner is now finishing up his 8th grade year. He is student body president, and will be the valedictorian of his 8th grade graduating class. Last quarter his goal was to earn at least 95% in every class (including his high school level gifted classes) He did that with only one class having 95% all others were well above. This quarter he has made the goal of achieving at least 100% in each course. He is requesting that if he does this, Tony and I buy him a PS2. I think that if anyone can make that goal and achieve it, they deserve a PS2!!!!
Well, I better end for today...I hope it will not take this long again to post.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Things sound pretty good! I have already requested the time off for Tanner's 8th grade promotion. It will probably be a quick trip since it is during the week, but we will be there for sure!!
Did Laney get her letter? Her pics from prom are so cute - she looked beautiful!!
We miss you
Love you
Hey, a post!! Thanks for all the nice things!!;) Tanner is so dang smart!! What a cool kids!!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment